Saturday, March 6, 2010

An Indian Home in Houston,Texas

Hello all,
I am back..was very busy since few days !
Today I want to introduce you all to one of best friend whom I met her on orkut .She is talented,creative and is pursuing course on Interior designing too.She is one friend whom I feel I can approach anytime when I am in real need for advise or help and she is there to help me out!! Thanks to her !
Let me write more now....Her name is Rajarajeshwari Mahadev but we all call her "Raji"
She has a sweet and adorable personality she lives in Houston ,Texas and has really decorated her home so well that I can wait to take you all for a tour of her "sweet home"

Beautiful welcoming front door decoration from Raji really awesome feels like I am in India the toran,flowers and terracotta wind chime bring warm welcoming feeling.

In the above snap its Foyer deco with wooden artifacts on wall and green plant I really liked it.

Mysore wooden dolls and mysore elephants perfect for living room mantel decor.Remind of India and dusshera festival

Raji has really made a perfect colour selection and awesome window treatment with silk curtains and those sandlewood colored lampshades to suit with the colour her furniture.



Just love those curtains
I even liked the way she has staged the bathroom ...I must say it ethnic..Raji.
Antique Magazine Holder its beautiful
beautiful brass krishna and radha and peacocks
This reminds me of Bhagawat geeta which my grand mother used to use the similar wooden book holder and agarbattis that she used to keep this wooden incense holder.
I am finally very glad to portray my friends home on my blog .I would wish all the best and good luck wishes for her education and life.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Loved the drama in the bathroom!:) Great post!

- Sharon

Ethnic Indian Decor said...

Yah Sharon I am also amazed to see the bathroom curtains..they really create that Royal drama that Mughals and Rajputs used to have.

Sudha said...

beautiful home...wishing raji all the best!

Ethnic Indian Decor said...

thanks Sudha ...I would let her know.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails